Stocks still off into the close
The US stock indices sold off into the close and are closing near the low levels for the day.
- The Dow and S&P are lower for the 2nd consecutive day
- Utilities and Communications lag
- Materials and Real Estate lead
A look at the indices at the close show:
- Dow -249.40 points or -0.72% at 34496.84
- S&P index -30.31 points or -0.69% at 4361.04
- NASDAQ index -93.33 points or -0.64% at 14486.21
WTI crude oil futures hit this highest level in 7 years. The US treasury market was closed in observance of Columbus Day. But concerns about higher interest rates persistent the market. The U.S. Treasury will auction off three and 10 year notes tomorrow at 1 PM ET. They will auction off 30 year bonds on Wednesday.
This article was originally published by Forexlive.com. Read the original article here.